This is my partial book list for 2009. I also fill in the gaps with the New Yorker, Artforum, Mothering,Â and Vogue – as far as print goes. To view my cyber reading habits, look under my Links page. You can see my Books Read 2008 list here. You can see my Books Read 2007 list here.
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy.
- Seven Days in the Art World by Sarah Thornton
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- You Are Your Child’s First Teacher by Rahima Baldwin Dancy (excellent inspirational reading for new mothers)
- Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama
The Elegant Variation – a blog written by LA-based writer Mark Sarvas. He has the reputation of being a jerk, but I don’t know yet if that rap is merited. His blog looks interesting and smart, and he covers substantial literary ground. His blog also been noticed and awarded things on both sides of the Atlantic.