It’s just one night, but I’m excited about backpacking with the baby! Chad will haul a regular backpacking backpack with the heavy stuff; I’ll carry the baby on my front with the Beco and wear a large day pack, which will have mostly clothes, diapers, and food.
It’s three strenuous miles in – supposedly.
So far, this is what we are bringing:
- sleeping bags (2)
- ground cloth
- tent (probably my North Face Tadpole)
- trash bags
- headlamps (2)
- Clean-up (baby wipes and bandanna)
- First Aid Kit
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Sunblock (Alba Botanica organic lavender – SPF 30)
- Journal/ Pen
- Hairbrush (mini) plus ponytail holders and a barrette
- Mirror (? I guess this is more a safety device for signaling)
- Hat *** must not forget the hat
- Baby Wipes (6-7 in a zip lock)
Soap (Do we need soap??)
- Diapers (We will be peeing him, but 10 just in case! Plus plastic bag for hiking it back out)
- Sunblock (Weleda)
- Sun hat and Pilot Cap
I’ll wear hiking pants, a sports bra, a tank top, T-shirt, and baseball cap. On my feet I’ll wear my smart wool socks and my hiking boots. I think I’m just packing a fresh change of underwear and a clean T-shirt, plus two hankies to stuff in my nighttime nursing bra.
Turkey sandwiches for lunch on the way in. Granola bars and flax muffins for snacking. Pastrami sandwiches (with sauerkraut) for dinner – ingredients packed separately in ziplock baggies. Bar of dark chocolate for dessert. Flax muffins for breakfast and water – hmmm, 1 1/2 gallons? Plus a couple pieces of fruit.