I’m up late trying my hand at event promotion – and it’s turning out to be fun! (Who would have guessed that I would enjoy roping people into supporting La Leche League? Okay, maybe it was a no-brainer…)
Today I got no less than FOUR PRIZES lined up for the event – woo hoo!
1. $50 gift certificate from envirobabystore.com
2. Portrait package from stephfowlerphotography.com
3. Matted photograph print from ellensteel.com
4. Something (to be determined) from my brother
And in case YOU have something you’d like to donate in the ways of services or products, here’s the entire official email I wrote:
Dear LLL Supporter;
This year’s annual World Breastfeeding Picnic will be on Saturday, August 1, 2009 at the Top-of-the World Park. Last year the Southern Orange County LLL (us!) hosted a World Breastfeeding event and it was much more successful than we had even hoped for: there were terrific opportunity drawing prizes, each family received a free goodie bag, and over fifty families joined us. It was a wonderful day supporting and celebrating nursing families.
This year, we think that with a little bit of extra planning we can open up this event to at least 100 families and raise even more funds to support our local groups. To make things extra fun for the whole family we will have more booths, crafts, a silent auction, food on the grill, baked goods, and lots of opportunity drawings with prizes from Beco carriers to portrait packages.
Can you help?
Here are some possible ways to contribute to the LLL cause:
- Do you own a business or know of a business that might want to donate a prize for an opportunity drawing or silent auction? Last year, the family portrait package was a great success, but other ideas include, but are not limited to gift baskets, yoga classes, services, homemade quilts or even a homemade Waldorf doll.
- Do you have a portable shade cover that you would be willing to set up for the picnic?
- Would you be willing to donate a tray of baked goods or veggies on the day of the event?
- Would you be willing to tend a booth (game, craft, or food) on the day of the event? Time is valuable – and we would be thrilled to accept even an hour of your time.
- Would you be willing to help set up or break down on the day of the event?
- Would you be willing to donate food items for the BBQ? (Drinks, paper goods, hotdogs, condiments, etc.)
- Do you have any skills: fundraising, event promotion, party planning, or graphic design, which would be useful? You may think of something we’ve missed.
- Do you know of any local vendors who might want to have a booth at the picnic? Vendors should be appropriate and of interest to local nursing families. In lieu of a booth fee, we ask that each vendor make a donation of $50 value prize to the silent auction or the opportunity raffle.
The list goes on.
If you are willing to help with even one of these things please respond post a comment or email me privately. Your help is greatly appreciated.