I can never remember the exact process to transfer music (from a backup disc – CD or DVD) to my iTunes. Here are Chad’s directions:
1. Go to “edit” in itunes, select “preferences”
2. Select the “advanced tab” and choose “general”
3. Check the box that says “copy files to itunes music folder when adding
4. Drag the music files into itunes.
5. Under “file” go to “import.” locate the text files that have the names
of the playlists, and import them. this will automatically load the playlist
in track order. **The songs have to be loaded already for this to work.**
And here’s the link to a video tutorial for the same thing.